Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Role Models

Seann William Scott and Paul Rudd take some troubled youngsters under their wing in order to avoid jail. Along the way, everybody learns something about himself. And, for the most part, hilarity ensues. I probably think more highly of this movie than I should. I certainly wouldn't place it on the same level as some of the other adult comedies I've seen recently -- "Pineapple Express," "Hamlet 2," and parts of "Tropic Thunder."

But Rudd and Scott each give great performances. Scott especially. I like that guy. A lot of people probably thought he was done after playing Stifler in "American Pie." But he also played Stifler in "American Pie 2" and "American Wedding." And he's been in some great films: "Final Destination," "Dude, Where's My Car?", "Southland Tales," and, my favorite, "The Rundown," which is like a cross between Joseph Conrad's "Nostromo" and "Repo Man."

No comments: