Monday, May 25, 2009

Annapolis

Here's what happened. The producers approached a screenwriter and said, "Write a movie about a guy who goes to the naval academy and also boxes. Throw in every movie cliche you can think of. Give us the final product in forty minutes." Then, somehow, the producers got the director of the great "Better Luck Tomorrow" and James Franco to join in on the project. This is the result of that anomalous confluence of events.

"Annapolis" is one of the more preposterously stupid films I've seen recently, but I enjoyed myself thoroughly. That being said, I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone, unless you want to see Franco exercise a lot in the many montage scenes.

4 comments:

lakshmy said...

i got too lazy to look through your archives. do you have any thoughts on 'seven pounds' which i thought was worse than '21 grams'?

The Bourne Critic said...

"Lak me a lazy, tonight." A bit inside, I know. No, no thoughts on "Seven Pounds." Not keen to see it either. Although if by your comment you are in any way implying that "21 Grams" is a bad film, I agree completely. "Oh, he's dead. Oh, I'm pregnant. Oh, I'm addicted to drgus." Way, way, way too much soap opera melodrama.

Unknown said...

Scott says "see The Dead Girl".

Anonymous said...

初次造訪,安安^^.................................................................