Thursday, July 3, 2008

Diary of the Dead

July 3, 2008

Dear Diary,

I'm sorry.

It's me, George A. Romero. I made another zombie movie. I've made "Night of the Living Dead," "Dawn of the Dead," and "Day of the Dead." After I exhausted time, I made "Land of the Dead." Now I went the Harriet the Spy approach with "Diary of the Dead."

This one uses the film-within-a-film, mockumentary-like "found footage" approach, which, to be perfectly frank, is a tired tack. "Diary" is very "Blair Witch" meets "Scream," with some self-righteous social commentary on how the government lies to the media and the media lies to the people, most likely alluding to recent events. For safe measure, I also throw in some stuff about the perversity of reality TV, making some shallow, fairly obvious observations.

I'll try to do better next time.

No comments: